Green Candidate for Glasgow
Patrick is the Green Candidate for Glasgow and is currently Co-Convener of the Scottish Greens. Catch up with Patrick on his website.
Suite 4/2, 52
St Enoch Square,
Glasgow, G1 4AA
Your City Councillors
Your Green representatives on the City Council
There are five Greens on Glasgow City Council, making them the third largest group behind the SNP and Labour.
Your Green councillors are:
Councillor Ward Nina Baker Anderston/City Martin Bartos Partick West Martha Wardrop Hillhead Kieran Wild Canal
- Great turnout of Green voters in Kelvin this morning! @patrickharvie & @ZaraKitson for a #GreenHolyrood https://t.co/elhDm8wIJ0 about 15 minutes ago from Twitter for iPhone
- RT @scotgp: So many of us are voting #GreenBecause they believe #ScotlandCan be bolder. https://t.co/7vGcOR2eK3 https://t.co/PdA1p5kVKR about 2 hours ago from Twitter for Android
- RT @KAMackinnon: I'm #greenbecause I want a more radical Holyrood full of amazing women like @ZaraKitson, @SBeattieSmith & @IslaOReilly about 2 hours ago from Twitter for Android
- RT @Ross_Greer: I'm #GreenBecause Scotland fought for these new powers, now we must be bold enough to use them. #SP16 about 2 hours ago from Twitter for Android
- RT @chriscrowing: Most of all I'm #Greenbecause I want these boys to grow up in a fair, sustainable, democratic country. https://t.co/gdnF5… about 2 hours ago from Twitter for Android
The following people have been successfully elected as the Scottish Green candidates for the following wards in 2017 Glasgow City Council elections:
Partick West: Allan Faulds
Dowanhill/Kelvindale: Martin Bartos
Hillhead: Martha Wardrop
Anderston/City/Yorkhill: Christy Mearns
Canal: Kieran Wild
Green Councillors Back Last-Chance Bid To Save The Children’s Wood
Green Councillors and Patrick Harvie MSP will join local residents from Queen Margaret Drive and their children to demonstrate outside city chambers against the planning application to build 90 flats …
Full Council showed at times the very best of Glasgow’s humanity and sometimes less so.
Endings and Beginnings
After standing for a minute’s silence to commemorate the death of a former councillor (something which happens …
Scottish Greens councillor for Hillhead, Martha Wardrop, today urged Glasgow City Council to support calls for a review of housing provided to local asylum seekers.
In a motion presented to the council on Thursday 25th June, Councillor …
Glasgow and West of Scotland Greens hit the streets today (Saturday 6th June), launching their ‘Harvie for Kelvin’ campaign to elect Patrick Harvie to Holyrood as Scottish Greens first constituency MSP.
Armed with Green Space newspapers to get the message …
Green Councillor for the Canal ward, Kieran Wild, today urged Glasgow City Council to do much more for local cyclists, saying that investment in dedicated cycle lanes is urgently needed to help meet agreed targets.
In 2010, the Scottish Government …
Glasgow and West of Scotland Green Party
Statement on resignation of City Councillor
May 14th 2015
The Green Group on Glasgow City Council today announced the resignation from his Council seat of Liam Hainey, Councillor for Langside. Writing to the …
For the first time ever Glasgow and West of Scotland Greens have committed to standing 8 candidates throughout the region. We are extremely proud to be able to offer …
Patrick Harvie MSP and the Scottish Greens’ Glasgow candidates hosted an event at Good Spirits Co. for local businesses to discuss how best to support their work in the city. The networking event was an opportunity to hear the Greens’ …